- The Euronav-owned ULCC Oceania—which has been loading up various fuel oil types offshore Malta since March this year—completed its latest ship-to-ship (STS) load from MR tanker Byzantion on 21-22 July.
- The Byzantion loaded LSFO from Sarroch on 17 July, home to Italian refiner Saras’ 300,000 b/d plant.
- Euronav has deployed the ULCC as floating storage to supply its fleet with low sulphur bunker fuel ahead of tightening specifications from 2020 onwards.
- Since March, Oceania has received a range of products from origins including Antwerp, Genoa, Abidjan, Pascagoula and Haifa.
- The tanker has loaded products such as very low-sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO), low sulphur straight run (LSSR), light cycle oils (LCO) and slurry.
For our previous notes on STS transfers onto the Oceania, check out the market Insight reports authored by Vortexa analysts https://market-reports.vortexa.com/